Thursday, July 29, 2010

The Point of it All.

I complain (almost everyday) about how much graduate school has consumed so much of my life. Taking time away from family, friends, and the "opportunities" to build on a personal life. My 14-hour days away from home have been the cause of a lack of sleep and bad diet.. But it's also given me a lot of time to myself. To think, dream, and grow. Each day I learn something new, whether it's something that I find interesting or not. A lesson in each day.

And on those quiet car rides back home, I feel fulfilled.. And I reflect on the progress that I made in such a small time frame.. And I get it.

So I've come to realize that even in my absence from everyone else, just being by myself causes me to learn and be more happy with the situation that I'm in. And I guess that's why I'm here.. For right now.

1 comment:

  1. I'm super proud of you! MORE success is in your future, keep chasing your dreams & having those quieter car rides and everything will be in perspective.
    lots of xoxo's! 1 yr down ; )

    ReplyDelete