Thursday, September 30, 2010

Help Make Breast Cancer a Global Issue


Every 69 seconds, somewhere in the world, a woman dies of breast cancer.

Last year, my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer and underwent surgery and intensive radiation. With God's grace, the cancer was successfully removed and this year we celebrated her one-year anniversary of being cancer-free.

I chose purposefully to not keep my mother's health condition a secret. For the past year, I have kept family and friends abreast of her progress via my Twitter and FB pages and the response and love we have received has been more than humbling.

This month, I became a breast cancer advocate. In the future, I will be attending legislative hearings and fighting furiously for a cure. I hope that you can help me! Please visit http://69-seconds.org and sign the petition to help make cancer a global priority. We all can make a difference with just the click of a button and a tap on the keyboard and 69 seconds of your time.

Me and my mom are very grateful for the support and hope that if you do not choose to help, that you find another issue that is important to you, to support. Advocacy is very important.

No comments:

Post a Comment