Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The Past is Practice


I live with no regrets!!!! Everything that I've been through, was for a reason and I'm thankful for each thing.

In recent years, I've done a lot of personal and spiritual growth. Took out some time to better know myself and with that, I made some mistakes, took some risks, got hurt, fell down, but eventually as the song goes, "got back up." Hard times are only temporary so I learned to bounce back as quickly as possible. Sometimes people are startled by people that don't allow things to get the best of them, but I find it to be my inner strength to not let situations hinder my present and most importantly, my future.

My past was nowhere near perfect, but it was nowhere near bad either. I dealt with having an absentee father that lived 15 minutes away from me, and when I was younger I was hurt by the fact that my dad didn't want to be apart of my life. But by having a father that was missing from my life, I later learned to appreciate the men that do take care of their responsibilities and I learned to cope with disappointment. I hold no grudges against my father, and am currently working on rebuilding the relationship that was once broken.

I come across so many people that feel they aren't deserving of a fulfilling life due to things that they may have done, or may have been done to them. They think "It's not meant for me to be happy." And tell them all the same thing: "You deserve the best, we all do. God created us for purpose and it's up to us to live to that potential." Your past was just practice! Everything that you went through was to prepare you for the goodness that is intended for your life. Don't be ashamed of what you've done or where you came from. Utilize the lesson learned!

Life teaches us something everyday. We have to learn to take control of lives, take each lesson and use it as a stepping stone to move forward and be better. Your past was the practice you needed to win the game of life. Rehearsals over, showtime is now.

No comments:

Post a Comment